What we do
In simple terms, we want to provide our clients with peace of mind, through suitable and cost-effective insurance protection.
This means we don’t just offer them the cheapest insurance policy, after all, as John Ruskin said:
“There is hardly anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and those people who consider price alone are this man’s lawful prey, as it is as unwise to pay too little as it is to pay too much. When you pay too much you lose a little money that is all. When you pay too little you may sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the job it was supposed to do.”
Or as put a little more succinctly, by the inimitable Winston Churchill :
“The best is rarely the cheapest”.
Not all insurance policies are the same
The amount and scope of cover a policy provides can vary enormously from insurer to insurer. So instead of recommending a product to a client on price alone, we aim to provide the right cover at a realistic price. Taking into account the quality of both the policy cover and insurer, we aim to deliver true value for money by recommending policies that provide the appropriate financial protection in the event of the worst happening.
Our approach to customer service
Our service encompasses all stages of the insurance cycle, as summarised below, providing a complete service which doesn’t end once your policy is in place:
- Establishing needs: This is the ‘fact find’ stage where we gain a full understanding of our clients’ circumstances and requirements. This enables us to provide a bespoke insurance solution which meets their specific needs.
- Research: Next we scour the wide range of insurers we have access to in order to select the product(s) and insurer(s) of the requisite quality, and that in our professional opinion best meet our client’s needs. At this stage we also assess insurers for their attitude to claims and financial strength.
- Recommendation & explanation: We then make our personal recommendation, detailing the most suitable policy we have sourced, including a clear explanation of cover and cost.
- Arranging Cover: Upon acceptance of our recommendations, we will arrange cover and issue policy documentation in good time.
- Updates, Changes & Reviews: Proactive at least once a year, we carry out a full policy review to ensure a client’s policies continue to meet their needs and represent good value for money. Reactive – in addition, if a client’s circumstances change, we will arrange for the necessary alterations to cover as instructed.
- Claims: This is what insurance premiums are ultimately paid for. Consequently, we place great emphasis on assisting and advising our clients’ throughout the claims process, to ensure fair and swift handling by insurers.
- Additional services & products: Many of our clients’ come to us for one cover initially, but quickly come to realise the advantages of our service and advice for additional covers, using us as a ‘one stop shop’ for their insurance needs.